Friday, October 29, 2010

The Cabinet

One person's trash is another's treasure, the saying goes. Last week, I found this little treasure leaning against a dumpster. Apparently, its last owner considered it trash.


It wasn't in the best of shape, but I didn't think it should take up space at the landfill. I decided it might be worth recycling.  If I couldn't use it, I'd at least take it to Goodwill.  

At home, a "cat scan" showed it had potential. I thought maybe if I fixed it up, I could use it in the kitchen.


Those shelves would hold a lot.



But the cabinet had plenty of scuff marks, both on top . . .


. . . and on the sides. The hinges were kind of cute, though.


I decided to paint it red, so I bought some spray paint at Lowe's. I let a bit of the woodgrain show through the paint to give it an antique-y look.

I think it'll look cute in my country kitchen. What do you think?


Total cost: $3.78.

~

2 comments:

Sally Roseveare said...

I love it! And it will look great in your kitchen.

Kim said...

I love the red!!! One of my favorite colors and I love it on this little cabinet. What a great revamp!!