Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Cats 'n' Flowerpot

My latest finds at the Rocky Mount Goodwill yesterday:

These little two-inch high pewter kitties were fifty cents each. They look like they might be for small candles, but I'm not sure. Until I figure out what they are for, they'll sit on a shelf and be decorative items.


The original tag on the back looked like it said $5.60, but that couldn't be right.


This flowerpot was a dollar. The colors are perfect for my kitchen. That shade of blue is my favorite color.


A hand-written tag on the bottom said $2.50. Here's another view:


The opening is four and a half inches across. I can't decide if I should use it as a receptacle for utensils, or if I should plant a spider plant in it. I'm open to suggestions.

And if you have an idea what those little pewter kitties were originally used for, I'd love to know.
~


No comments: