Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cat Plate

At the Discovery Shop yesterday, I saw a plate I just had to have. It had just been put out. Although it was marked $4, the shop was having a special sale 25% off almost everything, so I got the plate for $3.


At home, I looked at the back and saw it was from "Cats by Nina." 


A bit of Googling turned up her website: Nina's Big Store. I checked her site to see if that plate was on it. It wasn't, but there were some similar cat ear plates:


I clicked on them and found what they sell for:


I guess I got a good deal.

Edited to add: I got in touch with Nina Lyman, who creates wonderful animal art on her website. Turns out my cat plate is a reproduction. But it's still a really nice plate.

~


1 comment:

Anne Way Bernard said...

Wow, love it...the plate and the deal! I lost my cat recently, he was 12...miss him so much. Love your cat postings.(Dogs and horses too, but the cats seem to RULE)