Tuesday, February 28, 2012

February Deals

Did I get any good deals today? At Kroger, I used my $40 worth of "reward checks" I'd received for having a bunch of points on my Kroger card. Plus it was Senior Citizen Day, so that was another 5% off the entire bill.

Later, at the Westlake Goodwill, I paid a dollar for a neat little pin. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's a little house with fence, lamppost, and trees.


 The back said "House Pins by Lucinda" and listed a website, http://www.lucinda.com. I went to the site and found a page of House Pins. I guess I got a pretty good deal.

I also bought a large totebag for a dollar . . .


. . .  a small handmade pottery jar (79¢), a tiny ceramic heart-shaped box (59¢), two small copper pails (99¢ each) . . .

  

. . . and a ceramic cat plaque (99¢) made in 1994 by Smoky Mountain Pottery in Gatlinburg.


I'm not sure to which of our cats the plaque refers—probably to my husband's cat Dylan.

The Discovery Shop was having a 25% off sale today. I found a casserole dish that was already marked 25% off. With the additional 25% off, I paid $4.50 for it.


At the Discovery Shop, I also found a floral bedspread, bedskirt, and sham set that was $15 after discount. I'll use it on the guest room bed.


The spread is reversible, but I like the dark side better.


I guess I got some pretty good deals. What do you think?
~

No comments: